Baby Shower Planner September 30, 2014 12:02
Our boss has been asked to host a baby shower for a close family relative and she's absolutely honoured! It's been a while since she last attended one, so I had to do a little research into some baby shower planning for her.
Seven Weeks in Advance
- Consult with the Mama to Be, setting a date and time.
- Prepare a guest list, complete with full names and addresses.
- Choose a venue/address
- If catering is an option, choose a caterer or other food provider, unless you plan to do the Make or buy the invitations.
- Decide if you want a particular theme or motif. Keep the guest of honor's tastes foremost in your mind!
Six Weeks in Advance
- Prepare invitations for mailing.
- Ask the guest of honor if she has registered for gifts - if so, then you might include a small card along with the invitation listing where she is registered.
Five Weeks in Advance
- Mail the invitations.
- Plan the menu.
- Consider making it a group effort with each guest assigned a different dish.
- Check with the mama-to-be to see if anyone has any food allergies.
- Check tableware, tables, and chairs to make sure you have enough. Investigate rental options if you need extras.
- Decide what kind of decorations you'll have.
- Make a list of any props, prizes, or party favors you may need.
- Begin thinking about the gift you want to give.
Three Weeks in Advance
- Buy or make non-floral decorations.
- Prepare a shopping list for the food and beverages you'll need.
- Purchase your gift for the guest of honor - in this case, the mam to be will be receiving a gorgeous timi and leslie nappy bag.
- Purchase whatever props, prizes, or party favors you'll need.
- Wrap all favors and gifts.
- Designate a person to pick up the guest of honor and bring her to the shower.
Two Weeks in Advance
- If you're using a restaurant or party space, confirm the reservation.
- If the party is at your home, decide which serving dishes, utensils, table linens, and napkins you'll use
- Reserve rental supplies if needed.
- Re-confirm your plans with the caterer, if you are using one.
One Week in Advance
- Phone anyone who has not called to RSVP.
- Shop for pantry items and ingredients for freeze-ahead dishes.
- Prepare freeze-ahead dishes.
- Re-confirm with guests who've been asked to bring food or special items.
2 Days in Advance
- Shop for perishables, ice, and other remaining supplies.
- Prepare food that can be made in advance.
- Put decorations into place.
- Set the table(s).
- Check with the guest of honor to see how she's feeling.
- Have a comfortable chair, with a pillow, for her to use at the shower, especially if she's in her third trimester.
- Plan some fun baby shower games, print off templates etc
- Make a ‘What To Bring’ list so that you don’t have to try and remember everything on the day
On the Day
View the entire range of timi and leslie Nappy Bags here: http://www.timiandleslie.com.au/collections/all